Sunday, June 22, 2008

Day 6 – Shreveport to Wichita Falls 323 miles

Another travel day. We were up and on the road at 8:40, stopping to get diesel. This time it was almost a fill-up, and since I know you are all curious, it was a $278 fill-up. We did get 10.5 miles per gallon, so that is one good thing. Getting around Dallas wasn’t too bad. The Formula 1 race started at noon instead of 8am, so we stopped at a rest area in nowhere Texas to have lunch. Bill watched the last half of the race, so he was happy. We are now ensconced in a nice RV park in Wichita Falls. Bill is thrilled his satellite TV is working so well. But it was almost 100 degrees when we got here.

A couple of oddities …We took a ride around a Petro truck stop, and I saw many trucks hooked up to huge dryer type vent hoses – air conditioning! It was really weird. And here at the RV park, they have a doggie walk area with 15 fire hydrants randomly placed in the area. I thought that was cute!

I have uploaded a few photos. You can click on the link to the left to see just the West photos (I will add as I take photos you might like to see) or you can check out all of my photos.

No comments: