Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Day 50 – Kalispell MT

It was a non-touring day but still fun. It was really cold when my alarm went off, and I really didn’t want to get out of bed!! But I did. We headed into Kalispell (about 20 miles away) to the Social Security Admin office. Bill needed to turn in documents so he can start getting his social security in December. We found it, and we didn’t even have to wait too long. They gave him a letter opener and a jar opener for filing online! Hee!

From there we drove by the Conrad Mansion, a restored pre-1900 home. It would have been interesting to take the tour, but we hadn’t had lunch, the tour didn’t start for a half hour, and it lasted for an hour and a half. So we wandered around outside, reading some of the plaques. Then Bill asked Lola (the GPS) where to go to lunch, and we found Julie’s Center Street Café. It was an interesting little restaurant. Julie is a 50ish attractive blond who waited on us. Bill got a Rueben, and I got a Rueben omelet which was really quite good. She creates her own sauerkraut with pork in it, which was on top of my omelet.

Then we were off to Costco to get gas for the Tracker. Next was Wal-Mart where I got a $6 watch since my Seiko battery died. I will have to wait until Raleigh to get that fixed. Finally we stopped at the Huckleberry Patch for some souvenirs and the best of the huckleberry milkshakes we have had so far.

Back at the RV we put the awning out so we could sit outside and read. It was supposedly in the high 80s today, but in the shade we were quite comfortable. Bill grilled some Costco shrimp while I cooked some of the great corn on the cob for dinner. It was a really pleasant day.

1 comment:

Manda said...

Rough life.

I want to be retired.