Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Day 72 – Frankfort to Salem IN – 151 miles

The days here in Indiana have been much cooler than we anticipated which is great. We awoke to geese honking in the field next to us. There were probably 30 geese having their breakfast. I went up to Margaret’s apartment to say goodbye and to make sure we didn’t wear her out yesterday. She was doing fine this morning, and she seemed to have had as much fun as we did yesterday.

When I got back to the RV, Harlan and Betty Clark were there having a tour of the RV. It was great to see them if even for a short time. We headed out about 9:45, stopping in Lebanon at the Flying J to dump our tanks and get gas. We made one more stop at a rest area for a lunch break and arrived in Salem at the Moose Lodge parking lot at 2. They have 5 hookups, and we got one of them. We only have power but that will keep the mildew down and the refrigerator going.

Joy had lots of food for dinner: ham, potato salad, corn on the cob, fresh green beans, tomatoes, rolls, and peach pie for dessert. Jamie and David, RH and Barb, and Bill, Joy, and I made a small dent in all of the food. A friend of the family came by with a ton of tomatoes. Joy took some, and I took one, washed it, and ate it whole! Ahhh, there is absolutely nothing like an Indiana home-grown tomato! I took several more to eat while we are here.

2 comments:

Kay said...

Hi, Barb - Just in case you didn't see my comment in your August Pic section, I'm leaving one here. Enjoying your adventures! The only wrong thing you have done to date is not heading south to Arizona. Got to head that RV this way! Linda (Osbon) Leazenby

Manda said...

Awwww, Mamaw's cooking. I miss it. I need to head out there for a visit.