Saturday, August 23, 2008

Day 68 – Genoa City WI

It was a beautiful day on the farm. We were all up and moving by 7. Cheryl went to the barn to let the horses out to pasture. Her barn manager Javier, helped. John and I drove down to the pasture and drove Javier and Cheryl back to the barn for more horses. It was fun to watch the foals, none of whom is over 4 months old, frolic as they followed their mothers to the pasture. After 3 trips, John and I took off for the 20 minute drive to the grocery store. We picked up items, and I even found 6 cans of sugar-free Café Vienna which Bill and I have looked for everywhere we have shopped.

Johnny, Annette, Kate, Matt, and Danny arrived about noon. The kids were thrilled to be on the farm. They certainly have grown since I last saw them 4 years ago, and I also got to meet Danny who is 3 and a real cutie. The kids absolutely love riding around on the John Deere gator, so there was lots of squealing and fun! Jimmy arrived a little later with Maggie and Olivia. Ely was sick so Cassie had stayed at home with him. We had a great time with all of the kids.

We all went to lunch at a place called The Upper Crust, and the kids were all pretty good. Back at the farm there was more hanging out, playing with the kids, showing them the RV, etc. It was a great day with the family. They all left to return to Chicago by 5. John, Cheryl, Bill, and I sat on the porch overlooking the pond and chatted and relaxed. What a lovely day! I will try and get some photos up on Flickr tomorrow.

No comments: