Monday, December 8, 2008

Down day at Disney

Yes, there are down days at Disney. We didn’t go to any parks at all today. We slept in. Bill got up first and already had a load of laundry going. I actually felt well enough to have coffee for breakfast. After a light lunch, we headed out for Wal-Mart to fill our water jugs, get some milk and Christmas wrapping paper. Then we tried to find a post office. There is not one that is close to Disney, but our GPS found us one down Interstate 4. I mailed my Christmas letters and the cards that Mandy had done.

On the way back we stopped at Downtown Disney Marketplace which is a huge store that carries every Disney piece of merchandise imaginable. I went in to see if anything struck my fancy, but in my weakened state, I couldn’t deal with the crowds and the awesome array of stuff, so we just came back to the RV. While we had been gone, a huge trailer parked two spots away from us. There is barely room for the huge honking pickup truck that tows it to park. They have outlined their trailer with Christmas lights and set up all kinds of lights and junk around them. We are thrilled that there is a trailer between us as a buffer.

At 8 I wandered down to the beach to watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks. They are good, but the ones they do on the nights of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party are much better.

No comments: