Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Day 23 – Mt Rushmore SD

It was a quiet day today, so nothing exciting to write about. I got my day off today. Bill went driving to Needles and Sylvan Lake. His only excitement was a traffic jam generated by a rented RV that didn’t read the signs about the one-lane low, narrow tunnels on the road. He did manage to turn around, but it took him a while. I stayed here, resting up, and starting to clean. When Bill got back, we got the Dirt Devil out and vacuumed the whole place. I also cleaned the kitchen and bathroom area. It will be nice to start off tomorrow with a clean coach.

Bill couldn’t find a barber shop nearby, so I did a small trim. It has been a while since I have done that. He drove back into Hill City looking for a new vent for the living area and some shish-ka-bobs for dinner. He found neither, so he got corn on the cob.

We continued to pack stuff up and get ready to hit the road tomorrow. It has been a pleasant stay and wonderful to stay in one place for a while. Tomorrow we head to Devils Tower for two nights. No new photos today!

No comments: