Friday, July 11, 2008

Day 25 – Devils Tower WY

It was a beautiful, windy, cool day here. Bill went on a ranger-guided walk around Devils Tower. I wasn’t sure I could make it the whole way with the healing ribs, so I passed. He enjoyed it. We had lunch after he got back, and then we did the prairie dog hike. It is a ¾ mile hike around the large meadow where the prairie dogs are. The prairie dogs barked at us, dove into their burrows or just stared. They were really cute to watch.

We stopped at the store on the way back to the RV. Bill got ice cream, and I got a t-shirt. After a nap, Bill took off on a hike that would take him up on the red hills behind our campground. He called me when he was over there, and I went out. I had to use the binoculars to see him.

After dinner we drove into the park to get some sunset photos of the Tower at sunset. Deer were everywhere. The prairie dogs had gone to sleep, and the deer had taken over. A couple of them ran across the road in front of us. It was a neat evening.

The small area around here is truly beautiful. I posted some more photos – check the “On to Yellowstone” link.

No comments: