Sunday, July 20, 2008

Day 34 – West Yellowstone MT

It was another non-driving day today. I slept in, and Bill got to watch the German Formula 1 race. At 3 we headed in to West Yellowstone to go to the IMAX theater. We were early so we went in to the Yellowstone Museum across the street. We didn’t go in since we didn’t have time, but I bought another book on the 1959 earthquake. This one is more factual about the slide and rescue effort.

The IMAX show was about the history of Yellowstone. Of course it was gorgeous and rather entertaining. My big excitement was finding my favorite Fuzzy Footies in the gift shop. I have about worn out the two pair I have, and I couldn’t find new ones. So I was happy!

We came on back to the RV and Bill grilled steaks and I fixed corn on the cob and the last of the zucchini and squash. It got really windy this evening, but Bill went out to smoke his cigar. He called me out to see a bald eagle chasing a gull almost overhead. The gull had a fish, and the eagle stayed with the gull until it dropped the fish. The eagle caught the fish and took off. It really was amazing to watch. I thought the eagle was after the gull, and it was rather exciting.

We have new neighbors across the road. The guy, Javier, came over and introduced himself. He seems like a really nice guy. He and his family are from Albuquerque and will be here all week, so that is nice. We still have the two sites next to us empty, so the view of the lake is incredible.

Tomorrow we are going to try and make the long drive to Grand Teton and back. That should mean more photos tomorrow!

No comments: