Saturday, July 12, 2008

Day 26 – Devils Tower WY to Hardin MT - 268 miles

We started off the day with a dead Tracker. Bad starter. Something has to be making the starters die like they do. We will have it checked in Yellowstone next week. In the meantime, we push it to get it started. Last night I went out to look at the stars since it was so dark and saw a shooting star. First one in years. We left Devils Tower at 9. The drive was beautiful. The Big Horn Mtns were beautiful in the distance. Alongside the road in WY and MT was lots of yellow clover. I saw a cowboy on a dirt bike herding cattle.

We are now at the Hardin MT KOA. Bill drove back to Little Big Horn battlefield and spent 3 hours looking around. Between 7 and 8 tonight there was an ice cream social here at the campground. The local Rainbow girls come out with ice cream and toppings as a fundraiser. A small but pleasant campground.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous that you got to go to The Devil's Tower! My parents would not take us through there; we saw some boring cowboy historical site instead. I wanted a Close Encounter!!! I can't wait to hear about sightings.