Friday, February 27, 2009

Busch Gardens FL

It was a beautiful day at Busch Gardens. We got there at 10:30. It wasn’t that crowded which was nice. We took the 40 minute train ride around the safari park seeing giraffes, zebras, eland, storks, rhinos, ankole cattle, and many other animals. We had lunch at the Dessert Café. I had a sandwich and Bill had spaghetti with meatballs. During our lunch there was a dance performance that was rather interesting. Lots of young people doing ballroom dancing with a modern twist to modern music.

We wandered around the park the rest of the afternoon seeing tigers, orangutans, elephants, birds, chimps, and gorillas. I lucked out when we went by the gorilla exhibit to see the trainer interaction with a 3 year old gorilla. She had him chasing a green laser dot in front of the glass enclosure. He ran from one side to the other, doing summersaults all the way. I definitely got my animal fix today.

The traffic coming home was a nightmare. We had to come down I75 onto I4, and traffic just crawled. I had heard that traffic was bad around here, but it is really bad. We finally made it home. After relaxing for a bit, Bill went down to Wal-Mart to pick up some water and few items. We had a light dinner, watched some TV, chatted with our neighbor who loves to come out and chat with us. Tomorrow we plan on just hanging out around here.

No comments: