Friday, February 6, 2009

Epcot

It was a little warmer last night, but still cool. It tuned out to be a lovely day. We sat outside watching all of our birds: cardinals, tufted titmice, doves, blue jays, warblers, hawks, grackles, downy woodpeckers, red-bellied woodpeckers. We put out a little bit of bird seed in the morning which keeps they coming back, but not in horrendous droves.

We left the RV at noon to head over to Epcot for a 2pm lunch at the German Biergarten. There were lots of people in Epcot but it wasn’t overly crowded. We wandered through some shops in Italy until it was time to check in at Germany. We sat at a table for 8 with two other groups of people. They were quite pleasant, so we had a lovely lunch. They serve a buffet with Americanized German food, but it was a fairly decent. The show is also good with a Bavarian band that also plays the cowbells, a wood xylophone, and my favorite, the Alpenhorns. We were there for an hour and a half, which was fun.

Then we went to France. I wanted to see if anyone there knew what song they played in the “Impressions of France” movie in a couple of parts The harpist at Victoria and Albert’s played a similar tune, and when I asked him, he told me he thought I was referring to Saint-Saens’ “Carnival of the Animals”. So without expecting too much, I went to the entrance to the movie, asked, and lo and behold, the cast member actually had a print-out of all the songs in the movie. And it was Aquarium from Carnival of the Animals. I couldn’t believe this search ended so easily. I will have to download the song for my IPod.

No comments: