Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Kings Bay GA

It was a really cold day at Kings Bay. We both slept in, reveling in the warm covers. It stayed in the 40s, was quite windy, but the sun was shining. We are staying close to the RV while it is this cold. I alternated between working on labeling the photos (250 of them!), watching what birds ventured on the lake, and chatting with Mandy. Bill worked on taxes, went to the Carry Out for a few items, and watched a ballgame.

Some of the birds I saw were the coots, a red-winged black bird, and lots of birds skimming the surface of the lake which I later found out were tree swallows. Mandy made it in to work after a really cold commute. Like her, we all are waiting for warmer weather later this week. I got 100 photos labeled, but I still have 150 to go. I need to get them done before I forget what they are! I saved brochures to help me with the process, but it still can be time-consuming.

The campground had a “order a pizza” night. We ordered by 4 and picked up the pizza at 5:30 here at the campground rec center. We got a $15 pizza for only $10. Bill picked it up, and we ate in the RV. The furnace is working beautifully, and we are staying warm.

No comments: