Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Perry GA FMC Convention

It was a lovely sunny day finally. Bill took off for a seminar on batteries. I had breakfast and took the tram over to the main fairground buildings to meet Bill for lunch. I had an hour to kill so I went into one of the main exhibit buildings. It was typical fair booths with an RV emphasis – brakes, tow bars, campgrounds, cleaning products, and an assortment of jewelry, handbags, bed sheets, Tupperware (my, how it has changed since I bought it!). By the time I made it through this one building, it was time to meet Bill. He only had a half hour, so we went to a Beef Tips and Spuds tent. They had run out of ‘spuds’, so we got a dish of beef tips, onions, and mushrooms. Lord.

Bill went on to his 3 hour RV Driving seminar. I hung around for a half hour because I had to see “Rick Hubbard and the Kazoobie Kazoo Show”. This was a one man, guitar/banjo/kazoo player show. We all got free kazoos. He put on a surprisingly interesting show. It was the audience participation I could have done without. The average age of the audience had to have been 75. He had them up there blowing bubbles for a bubble song he had written, shaking maracas, and playing household objects in an audience band. And through it all, he had the audience playing along with their kazoos. Mr. Hubbard also is owner of the only US manufacturer of plastic kazoos. After the show, I caught the tram back to the RV and sat outside in the shade reading.

Bill showed up at 4:45. He said the seminar wasn’t too bad, but lots of audience members had to insert their own stories into the seminar. He has another 3 hours tomorrow of the same thing. He grilled steaks for dinner, watched Judge Judy, and then we rode his bike back over to see Tony Kenny’s Irish show. He didn’t stay too long. I keep waiting for the chamber music which will never happen.

No comments: