Sunday, March 8, 2009

Kings Bay GA

It was a gorgeous day today. Bill was up early and went out for a drive and a stop at Wal-Mart to get a new crock pot. I slept in since I had stayed up too late watching TV last night. We hung out around the RV this afternoon. Bill watched some race, and I worked on finishing the labels on the photos. I got that done, and some back-up CDs burned. We also spent some time outside reading. This is a lovely place to just relax.

Bill grilled steaks for dinner, and we watched another good episode of The Amazing Race.

After dinner, about dusk, we watched the coots come in to roost. It was awesome. There are many more than 200 coots, probably closer to 1000. It looked like an ant colony coming in. They split into two groups, a smaller one in front of us and a much larger group across the lake. They floated in a very orderly manner, mostly single file. I got a few photos, and I will see if they come out. Now we have something to look forward to every night.

No comments: