Saturday, March 7, 2009

Kings Bay GA

I have to tell about last night. We were outside about 11, just looking at the stars. There was really strange noises coming from the lake. It sounded like a small tidal wave. We walked to the edge of the lake, and there were some waves coming on shore. We finally figured out that it must have been the 150-200 coots flapping their wings in the grassy reeds at our end of the lake. This must be where they come to sleep at night. Tonight at dusk we saw them head in from the deeper parts of the lake coming in to the grassy area. And just a little bit ago, I went out, and they were just chattering out there. It was an interesting event.

Today was another beautiful day. We are both enjoying the time to rest and relax. We both sat outside and read. I also worked on labeling photos. I did about 400 and only have 150 left to do before I am caught up. I also got my hair colored which really needed it. I get it colored in the RV and then went down to the shower to rinse it out. We both need to get haircuts some time next week. And we are looking at going to another area of the Okefenokee Swamp next week.

No comments: