Sunday, March 15, 2009

Perry GA FMC Convention

We got packed up, hooked up, and left Kings Bay by 9. The drive to Perry GA was fairly uneventful. It did start to sprinkle just before we arrived at the Georgia State Fairgrounds where this big rally is being held. We are parked in a huge field, but luckily we are at the end of the row next to an asphalt road which gives us a little more room. They have strung electric lines over our section of the field, and we share a box with the RV next to us and the one behind us. We get 30 amp power but no water or sewer. We hadn’t been in our spot very long when it started raining. And it rained, and it rained, and it rained. The area around us was pretty swampy. It has stopped for tonight, but we are supposed to get a bit tomorrow, too.

Bill took the tram over to the main exhibit buildings to look around. I didn’t want to traipse around in the rain, so I stayed here. The seminars and exhibits start tomorrow. There are only a couple of seminars that I want to attend, so I will stay home with my books. We do have what appear to be fire ants in the area, so we will have to be careful. I do have ant bait, so I am prepared if they try and invade the RV. Bill says there are fair food booths over in the exhibit area, but I can check those out after the rain stops.

No comments: